Dear PWS Families,
It has been a wonderful week back. We hope you all had an enjoyable vacation. It was great to have the kids back with us. We want to say a special thank you to all of the parents and PTG members who went out of their way to make this a fantastic Teacher Appreciation Week. Each day brought more and more wonderful events and surprises. Thank you all to the students who truly made it a memorable week.
This coming Friday is our Annual Grandparents Day. We are expecting over 300 guests to join us that morning. As you can imagine this takes a large amount of planning, preparation, and work the day off. We are in need of volunteers for this event. If you are able to lend any time at all please email Samantha Farrow or Jenny Caouette. We look forward to another great event.
Finally, we wish all of the mothers in the Peter Woodbury School community a very happy Mother’s Day.
A parent survey regarding Mrs. Daley will be sent home with students on Monday. Please look for it and take the time to fill it in and return it to school. Your feedback is always helpful in continuing to make Peter Woodbury a great school. Thank you in advance for taking the time to do this.
Garden Club News & Help Wanted
WHO: Any and all 1st- 4th graders
WHEN: Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursday Recesses
WHY: To have a fun choice at recess & explore in nature
HOW: With the help of parents!
PLEASE SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER
- Kindergarteners will have a choice to be water helpers and do other fun activities later in the month.
- Students who want to come are to join us on the bench in the raised bed gardens at the BEGINNING of recess to sign in & hear all of the directions for that day and some of the activities for upcoming days.
- Some students choose to leave after a while so they can go play and that is fine if they let us know and put their tools away. We are encouraging them to stay but it’s their choice.
- When the first lunch bell rings, they are to put the tools away and get in line for lunch.
- If your child planted a seed at the Family Fun Night they can bring it outside at recess for us to hold onto until we plant them later in the month. An announcement will be made when it’s time for that
- If there is no recess, Garden Club will be canceled.
Thank you so much for helping us and for encouraging your kids to love gardening and learning about nature. The more the merrier!
Our transportation provider, STA, is struggling to find enough qualified drivers. When we have new or substitute driver, a bus route might be slower than normal. Also, field trips and athletic events may be impacted if drivers are not available. Please be patient with the wonderful bus drivers we do have. They are doing their best!
Substance Abuse Talk 7PM Tuesday May 10 Bedford Public Library -
Timothy Rourke, Director of Substance Use Disorders Grantmaking and Strategic Initiatives, will be speaking. It is a community event sponsored by the Bedford Republicans. The topic is as follows: NH’s heroin epidemic, what the state is doing to address it, and what parents and members of the community should be doing to combat the problem.
Monday, May 9th-PTG Principal Coffee-9:30 am at BCTV
Friday, May 13th-Grandparent’s Day
Wednesday, May 18th-4th Grade Chorus 7:00 PM
Thursday, May 26th-Grade 2-Squam Lake
Tuesday, May 31st-PWS Volunteer Breakfast-9:00 am-10:30 am
Monday, June 6th-Grade 4 Flume Trip
Rain Date: Wednesday, June 8th
Rain Date: Wednesday, June 8th
Thursday, June 9th-Field Day-Grades 3 and 4 AM/Grades 1 and 2 PM
Rain Date: Friday, June 10th
Monday, June 13th-Grade 4 Cookout 12:00 pm-2:00 pm
Tuesday, June 14th-Kindergarten Graduation-9:00 am-10:30 am
Happy Mother’s Day,
Cheryl Daley Dan Mitchell
Principal Assistant Principal